5 facts about rice
In Japanese, rice is called "gohan". As in the past, this term also means "food".
Rice has been the basis of the Japanese diet since ancient times, and to this day, the Japanese eat rice at least once a day, in large quantities.
Here are 5 facts about rice that few know.
1. Rice is a powerful source of vitamin B, which strengthens the nervous system, has a beneficial effect on the skin, hair and nails.
2. 1/7 of the world's population is engaged in rice production or processing. This plant is the largest "employer" in the world.
3. Rice is 1/4 of the calories consumed in the world.
4. Rice is in the third place in the top ten of food production, after sugar cane, but in terms of consumption, it undoubtedly tops the table. They get fodder from sugar cane, biofuel from corn, and most of the rice produced is eaten by people.
5. China grows the most rice in the world և, despite this, they buy 2.8 million tons of rice every year because what they grow is not enough.